Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Floating.....

Beautiful night.... I thought it was going to rain, stood at my window and revelled in the rising wind. Cold, fresh, like it came straight off a mountain top , and no one had ever breathed it before. No stars tonight that I can see, and even the moon's obscured by the scudding clouds. But somehow still no rain...

What is it about the still of the night that brings out this very strange mood? Introspective, I suppose you could call it, without the distractions of the day to keep your mind from the secret thoughts that come out to play. Imagine this, they say, and whisper of an alternate life that you might lead if only you wanted to, not that you don't want to but that none of it's likely at all.

Missing people I haven't seen in years, somehow suddenly they pop into my head and stay there, I can't help wondering what has become of the people I used to know, where are they now, what are they doing, all the things that I should have said, should have done. Almost been a dozen years, how does someone you haven't seen or heard from in more than a decade slip under your skin and stay there?

I'm still missing my friends who have gone overseas, Lovy, where are you? Are you still out there in Birmingham somewhere? I miss you, girl, come back.... Sida & Jon in the States, Adrian and Ryan in Scotland, Saji in NC, Naz & Kimmie in NY, Weiwen somewhere in the States, heavens above, where are all my friends going?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home