Monday, September 12, 2005

One more for the road....

Been a while, innit? Man, about 2 months, I guess, and the last one wasn't really a post anyway, more like an.... expression, I suppose.

Well, things are going swimmingly, you could say. I got my permanent position here in SIM working as an Administrative Secretary. Which seems to mean I do anything and everything possible. :-p I file, manage mail, manage bulk mailing, manage e-mails, calls, faxes, some publications, and anything else that they ask me to do. Well, at least life is interesting, no? Work-wise, at least.

My social life is still jumping, at least, what with Lesley, Mel, Sheryl, & Co on one hand, and Jean & Co. on the other. I spend a lotta time with them, most Friday nights we hang out and have drinks to while the night away.... I love spending that time with my girlfriends, just enjoying each other's company. It started out with just Les, Mel, and myself, but in recent times we've really expanded to include boyfriends, ex-boyfriends, girlfriends, acquaintences, and many more. It does help that we often end up in the bar where Dave works.

Well, lately I've also been battling with lots of frustration when it comes to the male species. Not with Shaun, he's been a darling! Some of my girls are having man issues. Like MAJOR man issues. It's pretty painful watching them go through all that crap, and some of it's starting to get to me. I've ended up playing counsellor, and perhaps its because I actually know these guys and am friends with a couple of them, it's that much worse. You hardly want to believe that someone you know and care for is capable of causing that much unhappiness and pain in another person whom you are also close to. Oh well, once again, it isn't really my beef, I'm just sitting in, I suppose.
___________________________________________________________________

Most of my cell's preparing for the great prelim exams, poor things... 'O's, 'A's, the great exam rush is in town!! Poor babies! But we all went through the same agony, I suppose; some just handle it better than others. Or perhaps they're just like me, and don't study too much. :-P

Take breaks, people!!! Remember to rest, okay?! I love y'all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home