Thoughts
Oh man, it's been the longest time... Haven't been back here for nearly a month now... Been heck of a busy girl lately. Not to mention I am currently sick as a dog with the flu...
Working at SIM is quite enjoyable, no real politics that I have to deal with. But then I'll only be here 6 weeks.... Uncle Andrew and Auntie Belinda really rock, man, they're fun to work with, and mostly easygoing. It's basically been a good experience, so far, anyway.
The kids are having school holidays now... How I wish I were having holidays now too. It's always like when you have the time, you don't have the cash or the energy to do what you want. But when you have the cash, you don't have the time or the energy!
How sad is that?!
Like right now I wanna travel, shop, play, enjoy myself. BUT! I don't have the money. When I DO have the money, in maybe 10 years time, I won't have the time because I will be doing what? Working. Nonstop. Or taking care of my family (if I have one). Maybe I shouldn't.
Let me tell you something again. 10 years seems like a really long time, innit? It's not. Don't fool yourself. It's only when you're young does it seem like time stretches on forever, fading into the eternal light of the sun, and the world glitters, all new and shiny. You learn its not as you get older, unfortunately. Sadly, idealism doesn't last in this filthy fallen world of ours, the rose-tinted glasses get ripped off quite painfully, actually.
Working is SIM actually gives me a really indepth look into the reality of mission work. It ain't easy, I tell you, trying to make ends meet on a limited budget, you income reliant on the whims of people miles and miles away. If they forget to give, it means you scrimp for that month to feed your family of 6 and provide them with all the necessities of life. The country may be hostile enough to place death threats on you and your family, political situations may be unstable, and emergency evacuations are not unheard of. I believe that is when we really learn to lean on our LORD. There can be no other way to live in such an environment and continue The Work that our God gave us.
I understand better why our missions agencies are always asking for more support. It is desperately needed. Our Go-ing power is limited only by our sending power. Young people, sign up for Go4th. Go and learn! There is soooo much that Giod can impart to you through the speakers and the workshops. Learn about what you can do to help the people in the missions field. Many of them need support. We CAN do more, regardless of your age, education, background.
There is such a desperate need for teachers and nurses especially in many countries. These are skills that are desperately needed. MK schools lack the teachers to teach the students of those who work so hard. How can they work when their children are not cared for?
If you are not considering Go4th, please, DO! It is an amazing opportunity to hear speakers on topics you have always wondered about. The Great Commission needs to be carried on the shoulders of the next generation, and that means it's people like you. Yes, I'm talking to YOU. The one sitting at home with nothing on that week, but thinking, 'Nah, someone else can do the job better than me,' Don't lie to yourself. Missions isn't only for missionaries, pastors, and missions agencies. Its for everyone who believes that Jesus died on the cross for theor sins. And that is You.
The burden isn't getting any lighter, in fact, its getting heavier. Teenagers, twenty-somethings, the generation before us has carried the burden for so long, we need to carry the flame and run with it.
If we don't, who will?
Oh goodness I sound like an ad. But I'm deadly serious. Be there.
Working at SIM is quite enjoyable, no real politics that I have to deal with. But then I'll only be here 6 weeks.... Uncle Andrew and Auntie Belinda really rock, man, they're fun to work with, and mostly easygoing. It's basically been a good experience, so far, anyway.
The kids are having school holidays now... How I wish I were having holidays now too. It's always like when you have the time, you don't have the cash or the energy to do what you want. But when you have the cash, you don't have the time or the energy!
How sad is that?!
Like right now I wanna travel, shop, play, enjoy myself. BUT! I don't have the money. When I DO have the money, in maybe 10 years time, I won't have the time because I will be doing what? Working. Nonstop. Or taking care of my family (if I have one). Maybe I shouldn't.
Let me tell you something again. 10 years seems like a really long time, innit? It's not. Don't fool yourself. It's only when you're young does it seem like time stretches on forever, fading into the eternal light of the sun, and the world glitters, all new and shiny. You learn its not as you get older, unfortunately. Sadly, idealism doesn't last in this filthy fallen world of ours, the rose-tinted glasses get ripped off quite painfully, actually.
Working is SIM actually gives me a really indepth look into the reality of mission work. It ain't easy, I tell you, trying to make ends meet on a limited budget, you income reliant on the whims of people miles and miles away. If they forget to give, it means you scrimp for that month to feed your family of 6 and provide them with all the necessities of life. The country may be hostile enough to place death threats on you and your family, political situations may be unstable, and emergency evacuations are not unheard of. I believe that is when we really learn to lean on our LORD. There can be no other way to live in such an environment and continue The Work that our God gave us.
I understand better why our missions agencies are always asking for more support. It is desperately needed. Our Go-ing power is limited only by our sending power. Young people, sign up for Go4th. Go and learn! There is soooo much that Giod can impart to you through the speakers and the workshops. Learn about what you can do to help the people in the missions field. Many of them need support. We CAN do more, regardless of your age, education, background.
There is such a desperate need for teachers and nurses especially in many countries. These are skills that are desperately needed. MK schools lack the teachers to teach the students of those who work so hard. How can they work when their children are not cared for?
If you are not considering Go4th, please, DO! It is an amazing opportunity to hear speakers on topics you have always wondered about. The Great Commission needs to be carried on the shoulders of the next generation, and that means it's people like you. Yes, I'm talking to YOU. The one sitting at home with nothing on that week, but thinking, 'Nah, someone else can do the job better than me,' Don't lie to yourself. Missions isn't only for missionaries, pastors, and missions agencies. Its for everyone who believes that Jesus died on the cross for theor sins. And that is You.
The burden isn't getting any lighter, in fact, its getting heavier. Teenagers, twenty-somethings, the generation before us has carried the burden for so long, we need to carry the flame and run with it.
If we don't, who will?
Oh goodness I sound like an ad. But I'm deadly serious. Be there.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home