Friday, April 29, 2005

American Idol?!

I just finished watching the American Idol results show. Like I enjoy watching AI, but it's hardly a staple of my TV diet. I awtch it when I can, like, whenever I happen to be at home on a Wednesday or Thursday night with nothing to do.

I fail to understand how one can get so caught up in the fate of a single person on a large-scale version of a talent show in a country a couple hundred miles away. Their albums of these people hardly ever make their way over to our Asian shores, and the likelihood of the AI tour coming to Singapore is slim to none. Make that miniscule to none. So what is all the fuss about?! I can't even be bothered half the time who wins, coz who really cares? What impact will they have on the music scene? AI winners mostly end up churning out music that sounds identical to the myriad other tunes spinning on our airwaves.

So, what does all this show actually accomplish? I do wonder... Does it result to new music, noew sounds, on the airwaves? No, it doesn't. Take the time, and really listen to what the radio is playing these days. After a while, I can't even tell who's singing what. Like it all kinda bleeds into each other after a while and you can't really differentiate them anymore. So much for original music. That''s oneof the reasons I listen to a lot of rock. That's one genre of music that's constantly evolving, at least.

Kissies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home