Think first.
Church camp is coming, just around the corner... Last year I didn't go, and the rest of my family went. This year? I'm going, and the rest of my family isn't! Oh well, irony, I suppose.
I'm sick. AGAIN. I hate being sick! Cursed flu. According to my mum, it's because I'm too 'liang', not heaty enough. But who the heck wants to be heaty in weather like this?!!! I might die from the heat. But the worst of it is over, thank goodness, all that's left is the really bad sore throat. Hopefully that'll vanish by tomorrow so I can go out with the girls.
Watching the Da Vinci Code tomorrow. Not exactly lookng forward to it, coz I know it'll just make me pissed off. Nothing against the book. It's fantastically written, and has all the elements of a good story, conspiracy, murder, the archetypal quest, the hero, the villan, the traitor, and of course, the pretty lady. Dan Brown's skill is laudable, he has written a great book. But what pisses me off is the fact that he attempts to pass fiction off as fact. He weaves truth and lie together so well, that it is hard to know what is true and what is not.
One part truth, two parts lie, mix well, and serve.
Have we become so blind that we swallow, hook, line, and sinker, whatever others say is true, without checking up on it ourselves? Are people so guillible today that they take fact from fiction, no matter that the book lies clearly in the 'General Fiction' section? Think of the source of your information. Then consider whether it is to be believed.
I do not claim to be any kind of scholar. I am simply a person who is very much offended by someone saying that my faith is founded on lies. Would that same person assume to do the same with Islam, Bhuddism, Hinduism, or any other religion? Of course not, that would be intolerant!
Get with it, people. You wouldn't believe everything that Tom Clancy writes, would you? Then do the same here, get the truth first. Then maybe you will be able to understand the lies.
I'm sick. AGAIN. I hate being sick! Cursed flu. According to my mum, it's because I'm too 'liang', not heaty enough. But who the heck wants to be heaty in weather like this?!!! I might die from the heat. But the worst of it is over, thank goodness, all that's left is the really bad sore throat. Hopefully that'll vanish by tomorrow so I can go out with the girls.
Watching the Da Vinci Code tomorrow. Not exactly lookng forward to it, coz I know it'll just make me pissed off. Nothing against the book. It's fantastically written, and has all the elements of a good story, conspiracy, murder, the archetypal quest, the hero, the villan, the traitor, and of course, the pretty lady. Dan Brown's skill is laudable, he has written a great book. But what pisses me off is the fact that he attempts to pass fiction off as fact. He weaves truth and lie together so well, that it is hard to know what is true and what is not.
One part truth, two parts lie, mix well, and serve.
Have we become so blind that we swallow, hook, line, and sinker, whatever others say is true, without checking up on it ourselves? Are people so guillible today that they take fact from fiction, no matter that the book lies clearly in the 'General Fiction' section? Think of the source of your information. Then consider whether it is to be believed.
I do not claim to be any kind of scholar. I am simply a person who is very much offended by someone saying that my faith is founded on lies. Would that same person assume to do the same with Islam, Bhuddism, Hinduism, or any other religion? Of course not, that would be intolerant!
Get with it, people. You wouldn't believe everything that Tom Clancy writes, would you? Then do the same here, get the truth first. Then maybe you will be able to understand the lies.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home