Outlet
I am so in need of a holiday. I need to get OUT of this country, and go run around somewhere else for an extended period of time. Call me escapist, whatever. I NEED this like I need to breathe!
Trying to plan trip to go down to Viriginia to see a couple friends. Trying to make my finances stretch is like trying to squeezr blood out of a rock. I am refusing to give up, but it seems to be slipping further and further from my grasp. I am ready to kill something if I don't get out of this country soon.
Parents keep saying it's not important that I go this year, or this May, I should be thinking about other things like trying to 'upgrade' myself and stuff with courses, postgrad stuff, whatever. Well, I say that they don't need to worry about travelling anymore, for crying out loud, y'all just got to visit Jo'burg & Kenya last year, and not really even on your own money. I'm getting so sick and tired of constantly having to try and force ends to meet through sheer brute force. I am tired of constantly having to deny myself the things that want so that I can take care of others.
It's an ominous day when I realise that I have begun to lose a lot of the joy that I used to have in my ministry with the youth. Increasingly, they begin to frustrate, annoy, irriate, and upset me. They make stupid decisions, then leave the mess for others to clean up the mess while they sit about and whine about how the world owes them a living, how God 'ought to' have stopped them from making those mistakes, how everything isn't their fault, how were they supposed to know. I am getting so ANGRY with some of them that I am beginning to subscribe to giving the lot of them a good kick in their pampered little asses.
No, I do NOT owe you an explanation; no, I do NOT understand why you chose to screw up your studies in favour of a virtual world; no, I will NOT pull my punches (too much). You are all old enough to understand that this world IS NOT YOURS.
I DO, however, understand that some are smarter than others, that family life can be difficult, that people are demanding, school is tiring, the opposite sex can be distracting, and people can be alarmingly stupid.
And NO, depression is NOT an excuse for failing. We are ALL depressed at some point or another in our lives, get used to it. Prozac & Valium are not the answers. Neither is anime, computer games, MSN, PS2, XBox, arcades.
Amy's mean. I know.
I do not, however, contrary to popular belief, eat young children for breakfast. I eat them for lunch, and sometimes dinner. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day; and young children are high in fat.
Well, I supppose you could count that as cathartic. I'm just feeling really down today, and this is my outlet.
Trying to plan trip to go down to Viriginia to see a couple friends. Trying to make my finances stretch is like trying to squeezr blood out of a rock. I am refusing to give up, but it seems to be slipping further and further from my grasp. I am ready to kill something if I don't get out of this country soon.
Parents keep saying it's not important that I go this year, or this May, I should be thinking about other things like trying to 'upgrade' myself and stuff with courses, postgrad stuff, whatever. Well, I say that they don't need to worry about travelling anymore, for crying out loud, y'all just got to visit Jo'burg & Kenya last year, and not really even on your own money. I'm getting so sick and tired of constantly having to try and force ends to meet through sheer brute force. I am tired of constantly having to deny myself the things that want so that I can take care of others.
It's an ominous day when I realise that I have begun to lose a lot of the joy that I used to have in my ministry with the youth. Increasingly, they begin to frustrate, annoy, irriate, and upset me. They make stupid decisions, then leave the mess for others to clean up the mess while they sit about and whine about how the world owes them a living, how God 'ought to' have stopped them from making those mistakes, how everything isn't their fault, how were they supposed to know. I am getting so ANGRY with some of them that I am beginning to subscribe to giving the lot of them a good kick in their pampered little asses.
No, I do NOT owe you an explanation; no, I do NOT understand why you chose to screw up your studies in favour of a virtual world; no, I will NOT pull my punches (too much). You are all old enough to understand that this world IS NOT YOURS.
I DO, however, understand that some are smarter than others, that family life can be difficult, that people are demanding, school is tiring, the opposite sex can be distracting, and people can be alarmingly stupid.
And NO, depression is NOT an excuse for failing. We are ALL depressed at some point or another in our lives, get used to it. Prozac & Valium are not the answers. Neither is anime, computer games, MSN, PS2, XBox, arcades.
Amy's mean. I know.
I do not, however, contrary to popular belief, eat young children for breakfast. I eat them for lunch, and sometimes dinner. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day; and young children are high in fat.
Well, I supppose you could count that as cathartic. I'm just feeling really down today, and this is my outlet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home