Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Some of the latest!

I do suppose I should update.... It really has been a flippin' long time since I was here to finger my way across a keyboard. Many things have been occuring over the past couple months, people seen, relationships created, hearts broken, you know how it goes... :-)

Just got out of camp on Monday 5 Dec, it really was a fantastic camp, had great times talking to people and just listenin' to our speaker. I do wish I could have stayed for the whole thing, I seemingly missed one of the boys dancing!!!!!! Oh, I would have paid money to see that!

God was there at camp, and I had a great time just sitting in the presence of God and worshipping. The worship times were wonderfully done, if the sound system was a bit sucky, no one really complained too much. Ministry time was abundant, we had to cancel night games in order to let God move, I certainly wasn't complaining. The major games came together sweet as pie, even the Captain's Ball matches! I was called on to ref last minute, but I didn't really mind all that much. I was a total rookie, but I think it went alright. There was a couple chicks that irritated the living daylights out of me, and I really wanted to do something drastic, but I restrained myself (oh wonder of wonders!), and just let it go. After all I was in youth camp, wouldn't do to be seen blatantly attacking people. First couple games I ref'd at, I was a but tense, being completely caught out, but I managed, mostly. Ref'd 8 games almost in a row, and was really wiped out by the end of the day. Had an excellent session in the evening with the speaker, absolutely fantastic ministry time. I really wanted to pray for/with one of my kids, but somehow just didn't dare. Probably really didn't want to break down halfway through. I don't know why, but that one sits on my heart more than any other one of the kids that I love. Something special about that one.

Spent that night sitting and talking, gained some new insights & info, saw someone who really was in a strange situation with another person, and got the deets on the latest. It pays to be linked in to the grapevine. ;-) I know I'm not supposed to deal in gossip, but I really don't see it as such. I just like to keep tabs on certain situations, and know what goes down among the youth.

Left camp at 6am on Monday morning, got a lift home from Kelvin's dad, thanks so much, grabbed a bit of sleep, hauled my arse out of bed and to work Monday morning so I could fix the last minute details for the Event that evening. Thank Goodness that's over. Never want to do it again. My sis and I were the youngest 2 people there, the next oldest person there was at least 30 years older than us. You know how the service would have gone. Not interestingly

So I'm back at work again, Shaun has started work too in Mindef on Monday, and I don't think he's enjoying too much... It is, after all, work. But as long as you have something to do, it isn't so bad. It's when you have absolutely nothing to do and you are staring at the ceiling praying for some sort of inspiration to strike you that time really crawls by, about as fast as a lame amoeba.

The publications are starting to beckon to me, I gotta get them out by the end of the week preferably. Worst thing is that my boss seems to think I know what to do. I have no clue!!! Lost! Totally! The only thing that I get is our in house publication, that I don't have a problem with, after all, it's just 2 sheets of paper folded together with a couple simple articles on what's going down in our office. Not too bad. It's the magazine that freaking me out. I have no idea how to go about doing it! Oh help!!!

Gotta fly, dearlings!

Kiss-kiss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home