And it's that time of year again....
Well lookit the time! Where DOES the year go?! It just seems to slip through your fingers like gold dust.... Seeing as its the year end again, I'm feeling just a l'il bit morose, reminiscing on the past 11 months. It's been an eventful couple months, just sooo many things have happened!!
January saw Renzi walking down the aisle, I got to do the whole ridiculous 'sister' nonsense at the front gate, and play dress up for the wedding. Shaun played driver (one of like, six of them) for the million of us who were involved in the wedding. Actually I managed to look at the photos, and I think I looked like a red cow. How Traumatising. Was the first month that I took my cell. I really really LURVE my cell... They are so darling!
February (I think it was...) I met the band for this first time at JamX. Had a ball, lotsa fun. I still think that DGP deserved to win. (No I am NOT biased....) Got to know the girls, too. This is also the month that Lez broke her foot!! Just before CNY and breaking up, that was... Ended up with her foot in a cast for goodness know how many months! But those were good times. Had Valentine's with Shaun too. Memories....
March, with my BIRTHDAY! I think I was still working with Caterpillar? I must have been... Didn't do muchm that month except start establishing our regular Friday nights out with the girls. The original Lez, Mel, & me... Then came Ryl, Shaun, & Ang. Was the time also of the beach outing with the kids, had some fun time at the beach, as well as 'celebrating' someone's birthday that evening with too much Texas Tea Party... This month (I think) also bore the news that my dear cuz was preggers!!!
April was a lazy month, with me stopping work with Cat & sitting on my arse at home, on the beach, etc. Spent lotsa time with Lez and Shaun on the beach, sunned a lot, swam, ate, lazed in next to nothing.... Life don't get too much better than that. I think that this was the month that DGP had our first performance at the wedding. Was it April or May? I just remember that it was almost smack-dab on the NTU exams. Poor students were tearing their hair out.
May saw me being railroaded into working at SIM with me Mum when the secretary left and the new chick decided she didn't want the job anymore. It was an interesting month with me learning the ropes on the job. Lotsa things to learn, lotsa things to do. Always something new to do! Does help, being the only tech-savvy person in the office :-)
June had the school hols, and the kids had a ball while I worked... There was beaching, shopping, reconnecting with a couple of my girls from Cedar & Uni.
July..... Not much that I can recall there. Work, I guess, and giving up the leadership role in Drama. Was a wrench, I can tell you that.... The band started our recording of our demo, although it was never completed. Hit the clubs with Jeana, and other varied people, as welll as clubbing ONCE with someone I SWEAR I will NEVER club with again unless I want to be pawed at all night. Xinlin came back from the States and we had our annual mahjongg and shopping spree. Hit the beach with her too. More good times there...
August. Shaun's birthday! Spent as much of the day as possible with him, school nonwithstanding. Had National Day as well, I guess. I don't recall even watching the parade. Had Lez' Housewarming BBQ/Party, it was a blast! Most people ate too much, drank too much, talked nonsense, slept too little, screamed too much, had amazing fun!! Should do that again sometime... Hmm.... Friends left for a couple months to the States for exchange too... Missed 'em.
September was a hectic month; Dave gets married, Kelvin goes into the army to do his part in defending our nation, had a photo shoot for the press package that the media school people were trying to put together for their school project, went Rock Climbing for 'OLE!', too many things happening in the office! Found out that the guy who was supposed to take over from my boss suddenly decided he couldn't do it, unless we were willing to barely have him in the office. Well, the board tried to negotiate, but eventually went Nu-uh! So we were in a limbo till....
October, when we finally got a new guy in to take over. He's now my new boss, and a really good boss! I like him, even though working for him is terribly unpredictable... Old boss went officially onm sabbatical, and started clearing out the office that hadn't been cleared since 1980-something or other. Imagine the amount of crud that builds up! Started rehearsals for the Christmas Drama 'All I want for Christmas', man, I can't remember the last thing that made me wanna tear my hair out so much! Unless it was the Christmas Drama before this.... in 2003, 'Free Gift'. Got news of my girlfriend and her family situation, had to help out.
November, Rehearsals going apace, getting more intense with each run. Started the gym with my girlfriend, 3 times a week, sometimes I make it with her, sometimes I don't. Such a hectic time, Christmas around the corner, wanting to buy presents, but no $$.
December arrives, Youth Camp, 'Home Run' finally gets up and going. Had a good time there, even if I did have to miss the birthday party. Was an Interrogator, Discussion Leader, Games Station Master, Captain's Ball Ref, all at the same time. I think they were really reaching when it came to asking me to ref. They had to be REALLY desperate to ask me. Drama really heats up. There's bitching, fights, arguments, fusses. MOB team set to leave, got a bit involved in the prep, just vetting the final stuff to go. I think they did a great job of it, considering that it was a really young team. Shaun goes into the army, and that really really sux. Realised that I really make a terrible girlfriend. I am horrible. First drama performance at the community event on the 17th, and my goodness, it was traumatic. One of my main characters arrives 3 hours before the performance, my props i/c was a moron, kids were fussing and complaining about having to perform, my, I really wanted to hack someone apart. Had to change so MANY things last minute. But God was there, and all in all, it was okay. Shopped for 2 of my boys, got them prezzies before they flew off. Birth of my first nephew once removed, on 23 Dec. Just 2 days short of Christmas! Darn! Just 2 days.... Had a quiet Christmas with family, and spent the next day with my girlfriend prepping for the Engagement. Had to go to the police station to get her report for the PPO too. Hopefully she can get it expedited. Engagement party on the 31st!!! Looking forward to that!
That, mostly, is my year... Long, hectic. I'm sure I'm missing out about 3 thousand things, and got most of them in the wrong month or something like that... Forgive me!!!
I think... Now for the thoughts, but that'll have to wait for another time!
Kisses!
January saw Renzi walking down the aisle, I got to do the whole ridiculous 'sister' nonsense at the front gate, and play dress up for the wedding. Shaun played driver (one of like, six of them) for the million of us who were involved in the wedding. Actually I managed to look at the photos, and I think I looked like a red cow. How Traumatising. Was the first month that I took my cell. I really really LURVE my cell... They are so darling!
February (I think it was...) I met the band for this first time at JamX. Had a ball, lotsa fun. I still think that DGP deserved to win. (No I am NOT biased....) Got to know the girls, too. This is also the month that Lez broke her foot!! Just before CNY and breaking up, that was... Ended up with her foot in a cast for goodness know how many months! But those were good times. Had Valentine's with Shaun too. Memories....
March, with my BIRTHDAY! I think I was still working with Caterpillar? I must have been... Didn't do muchm that month except start establishing our regular Friday nights out with the girls. The original Lez, Mel, & me... Then came Ryl, Shaun, & Ang. Was the time also of the beach outing with the kids, had some fun time at the beach, as well as 'celebrating' someone's birthday that evening with too much Texas Tea Party... This month (I think) also bore the news that my dear cuz was preggers!!!
April was a lazy month, with me stopping work with Cat & sitting on my arse at home, on the beach, etc. Spent lotsa time with Lez and Shaun on the beach, sunned a lot, swam, ate, lazed in next to nothing.... Life don't get too much better than that. I think that this was the month that DGP had our first performance at the wedding. Was it April or May? I just remember that it was almost smack-dab on the NTU exams. Poor students were tearing their hair out.
May saw me being railroaded into working at SIM with me Mum when the secretary left and the new chick decided she didn't want the job anymore. It was an interesting month with me learning the ropes on the job. Lotsa things to learn, lotsa things to do. Always something new to do! Does help, being the only tech-savvy person in the office :-)
June had the school hols, and the kids had a ball while I worked... There was beaching, shopping, reconnecting with a couple of my girls from Cedar & Uni.
July..... Not much that I can recall there. Work, I guess, and giving up the leadership role in Drama. Was a wrench, I can tell you that.... The band started our recording of our demo, although it was never completed. Hit the clubs with Jeana, and other varied people, as welll as clubbing ONCE with someone I SWEAR I will NEVER club with again unless I want to be pawed at all night. Xinlin came back from the States and we had our annual mahjongg and shopping spree. Hit the beach with her too. More good times there...
August. Shaun's birthday! Spent as much of the day as possible with him, school nonwithstanding. Had National Day as well, I guess. I don't recall even watching the parade. Had Lez' Housewarming BBQ/Party, it was a blast! Most people ate too much, drank too much, talked nonsense, slept too little, screamed too much, had amazing fun!! Should do that again sometime... Hmm.... Friends left for a couple months to the States for exchange too... Missed 'em.
September was a hectic month; Dave gets married, Kelvin goes into the army to do his part in defending our nation, had a photo shoot for the press package that the media school people were trying to put together for their school project, went Rock Climbing for 'OLE!', too many things happening in the office! Found out that the guy who was supposed to take over from my boss suddenly decided he couldn't do it, unless we were willing to barely have him in the office. Well, the board tried to negotiate, but eventually went Nu-uh! So we were in a limbo till....
October, when we finally got a new guy in to take over. He's now my new boss, and a really good boss! I like him, even though working for him is terribly unpredictable... Old boss went officially onm sabbatical, and started clearing out the office that hadn't been cleared since 1980-something or other. Imagine the amount of crud that builds up! Started rehearsals for the Christmas Drama 'All I want for Christmas', man, I can't remember the last thing that made me wanna tear my hair out so much! Unless it was the Christmas Drama before this.... in 2003, 'Free Gift'. Got news of my girlfriend and her family situation, had to help out.
November, Rehearsals going apace, getting more intense with each run. Started the gym with my girlfriend, 3 times a week, sometimes I make it with her, sometimes I don't. Such a hectic time, Christmas around the corner, wanting to buy presents, but no $$.
December arrives, Youth Camp, 'Home Run' finally gets up and going. Had a good time there, even if I did have to miss the birthday party. Was an Interrogator, Discussion Leader, Games Station Master, Captain's Ball Ref, all at the same time. I think they were really reaching when it came to asking me to ref. They had to be REALLY desperate to ask me. Drama really heats up. There's bitching, fights, arguments, fusses. MOB team set to leave, got a bit involved in the prep, just vetting the final stuff to go. I think they did a great job of it, considering that it was a really young team. Shaun goes into the army, and that really really sux. Realised that I really make a terrible girlfriend. I am horrible. First drama performance at the community event on the 17th, and my goodness, it was traumatic. One of my main characters arrives 3 hours before the performance, my props i/c was a moron, kids were fussing and complaining about having to perform, my, I really wanted to hack someone apart. Had to change so MANY things last minute. But God was there, and all in all, it was okay. Shopped for 2 of my boys, got them prezzies before they flew off. Birth of my first nephew once removed, on 23 Dec. Just 2 days short of Christmas! Darn! Just 2 days.... Had a quiet Christmas with family, and spent the next day with my girlfriend prepping for the Engagement. Had to go to the police station to get her report for the PPO too. Hopefully she can get it expedited. Engagement party on the 31st!!! Looking forward to that!
That, mostly, is my year... Long, hectic. I'm sure I'm missing out about 3 thousand things, and got most of them in the wrong month or something like that... Forgive me!!!
I think... Now for the thoughts, but that'll have to wait for another time!
Kisses!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home