Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Rambling

So I was flipping through blogs, coz there's so much you can tell from a person who has a blog, and bothers to update it regularly. I mean, I have a blog too, but you're lucky if I update more than once in like 2 weeks.

I just noticed that people like to advertise the fact that they're in love, like it raises their social standing in the cyberworld. Really, the fact is that it really don't matter to most of us. Yes, I have a boyfriend, yes I love him very much. But I don't see the point in posting dozens of photos of him on the web, and writing sappy notes to each other, especially when you live in the same country, and more likely than not see each other almost every day. I mean, what's the point? Trying to make others jealous? Advertising your affection is not in good taste. It is the cyber equivalent of Public Displays of Affection, otherwise known as PDA.

Note that a blog, while masquerading as a personal space, is not. Yes, you may think that it is your diary/journal/whatever, but it is still in public cyberspace for the world to see. Fact is that simply having a blog is like speaking in public. You have to be aware of the message that you send with every word you type. Call me conservative, paranoid, facts remain facts. You may like to think that the only people who see your blog are your friends, family, boyfriend, but sadly enough you are wrong. It's public, babe, and the world drifts by often enough.

I just think it's rather bad form to openly publicise your relationship, but then, each to their own. I don't even have a photo, let alone on on the Net. I think the photo on Friendster is it, but then I haven't been there in aeons.

Btw, did you know that there were women serving in the US Navy and Marine Corps in WWI? How cool is that! Not like they were in combat (not very man of us are there today, let alone back then), but they served their nation in whatever ways they could. R-E-S-P-E-C-T, sista! Rock on!

So tired, people can't get their act together and like its my fault! Darn and blast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home